LOCATION: SHENZHEN, CHINA
Contact Daisy: +86-15019451747
Title: Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way
Facilitator: Elly Zhen, CPDT
Date and Time:
Friday - Sunday
May 16 - 18, 2014
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Montessori Training Center,
Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator (CPDCE)
- OR -
If you are new to Positive Discipline: We want you to have the most meaningful experience possible by joining the training well prepared. In addition, given the nature of an experiential workshop, your contribution in group discussion is also essential to help others to learn. Therefore, in order to maximize your learning, we strongly recommend that you do the following:
1. Participate in a PD class
2. Read any two (or more) of the following books and summarize what you have learned in an essay (suggest 2000 words). It will allow the facilitator to tailor the training based on the group's understanding of the model.
- Positive Discipline (Nelsen)
- Positive Discipline A-Z (Nelsen, Lott, Glen)
- Positive Discipline 0-3 (Nelsen, Erwin, Duffy)
- Positive Discipline for Pre-Schoolers (Nelsen, Erwin, Duffy)
- Effective Positive Discipline Stories (Elly Zhen)
- What Life Should Mean to You (Adler)
- Adlerian Theory of Personality
Who Should Participate:
Parents, grandparents, and caregivers who are wanting to learn effective parenting tools.
(Max. number of participants per training: 24)
- Learn simple tools to use right away for fostering self-discipline and intrinsic motivation in young people.
- Learn how to enhance cooperation and mutual respect in the home.
- Gain insight into the behaviors that are particularly challenging in homes.
- Learn how to use family meetings to teach children valuable social and life skills such as empathy, communication, responsibility, problem solving, self-discipline and accountability.
- For Teaching Parenting: Learn how to teach parenting classes using the Positive Discipline experiential model.
- Have a set of resource materials for future reference
Elly Zhen is a Certified Positive Discipline Trainer, who has been teaching Positive Discipline parenting in Shenzhen, China for over two years. Elly offers classes and seminars to parents, schools, businesses, and in the community. Her teaching style is interactive, parent-oriented, passionate, and productive. Parents are given adequate time and opportunities to practice PD tools, leaving class with solid encouragement and the confidence to use at home what they learn in class. Elly published the first book about Positive Discipline’s success in China: “Effective Positive Discipline Tools,” a compilation of 56 true PD stories contributed by parents, now in its second printing. Elly and the Shenzhen PD Mentor Group organized Jane Nelsen's debut in China in May, 2013 where she spoke to a sold out crowd of over 700 people in Shenzhen. Elly is currently translating Rudolf Dreikurs’ classic Adlerian parenting book: “Children: The Challenge.” She is the mother of a 6 y.o. Chinese-American girl.
RMB 4800/person, incl. material and certification fee. Meals and accommodation not included.
Daisy : 15019451747
Workshop Registrations: If you are unable to attend the training, you may transfer the registration to another person or receive an 80% refund for your tuition.