LOCATION: FRESNO, CA
Title: Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way
Facilitator: Deni Dayan Camit, CPDT
Date and Time:
April 23, 2014
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Saturday and Sunday
April 26 - 27, 2013
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
(Specific location details upon registration)
Fresno, CA 93705
Facilitator Background: Deni Dayan has been serving her community as a school psychologist for more than a decade, and as a Positive Discipline Trainer since 2009. She joyfully teaches the tools of positive discipline to parents with children of all agesundefinedpreschoolers through teens, to school staffundefinedfrom bus drivers to principals. Deni has offered workshops in in the central valley as well as in Mexico, in both English and Spanish. Deni's knowledge of positive discipline, coupled with her eloquent and compassionate teaching style, contribute to a safe yet dynamic learning environment.
Participants in this workshop will:
• Learn how to facilitate a positive discipline parent class.
• Learn research based effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive)
• Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children.
• Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families
Positive Discipline focuses on discipline that teaches:
• Children feel a sense of connection, belonging and significance
• It is kind and firm at the same time and effective long- term
• It teaches important social and life skills and teaches children to use their power constructively and discover that they are capable.
Cost: Early bird registration: $375 (if paid by March 28, 2014)
Regular registration fee (after March 29, 2014): $425
Price includes a facilitator manual, handouts, and Positive Discipline book by Jane Nelsen, EdD.,.
Contact the Positive Discipline Association:
Contact: email@example.com or 1-510-332-3896
CEU’s/Contact Hours: Course meets qualifications for 14 hrs. Continuing Education credit for MFT’s and LCSW’s as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, Provider #PCE 3902.
Other Information: Please wear casual clothing -- this is a very interactive workshop.
If you are flying, please to not make flight arrangements until the minimum number have enrolled. The Facilitator or our office staff will let you know as soon as that happens.
Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.