LOCATION: PORTLAND, OREGON
Title: Teaching Parenting The Positive Discipline Way
Facilitators: Steven Foster, CPDLT and
Glenda Montgomery, CPDLT
Date and Time:
Friday and Saturday
April 5 - 6, 2013
8:45 am -5:30 pm
Christ United Methodist Church
12755 Dogwood Street
Positive Discipline focuses on Discipline that Teaches.
1. It helps children feel they belong and are significant.
2. It teaches and models mutual respect and encouragement.
3. It is effective long term and considers what the child is thinking, feeling, deciding, and learning.
4. It teaches important social and life skills: respect, concern for others, problem solving, and cooperation, as well as the skills to contribute to the home, school, or larger community.
• Learn research-based, effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use
discipline that is kind and firm at the same time, neither punitive nor permissive.
• Learn how to facilitate a parenting class as a non-expert.
• Learn how to work with and teach parents who love their children but have few tools and resources to parent effectively for today’s world.
• Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways with their children.
• How to use materials in group settings (parenting classes) and in individual work with families.
• Have a set of resource materials for future reference.
Cost: Early Registration $335 through
March 15, 2013. Regular Registration: $370. Includes $93 of materials.
Sign up online (preferred) www.positivediscipline.org.
Call Positive Discipline Association,
Credit/CEUs: Available through Portland State University. Separate small fee is charged.
Questions call Glenda Montgomery at 503-452-1770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Steven Foster at 971-275-6510 or email email@example.com
A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop. For all other items or events, the processing fee will be 10% of the purchase price or a minimum of $5.