LOCATION: AUSTIN, TX
Title: Teaching Parenting The Positive Discipline Way
Facilitator: Deborah Owen-Sohocki, LPC, CPDLT
Date and Time:
Friday and Saturday
May 31 - June 1, 2013
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
St. Edward's University
3001 South Congress Avenue
Fleck Hall Conference Room 305
Sponsored by: Lora Ferguson, LPC-S, Beth Peters, Ph.D. and St. Edward's University Master of Arts In Counseling Program.
Cost: Regular Registration-$317.49.
Click here to register and for more information
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way is an interactive training workshop designed for therapists, counseling students, school personnel, social workers, parent educators, and others who want to empower parents (and themselves) with an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors. The core concepts are based on the work of Alfred Adler and Rudolph Dreikurs.
Workshop participants will:
1. Learn research-based, effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time, neither punitive nor permissive.
2. Learn how to facilitate a parenting class as a non-expert.
3. Learn how to work with and teach parents who love their children but have few tools and resources to parent effectively for today’s world.
4. Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways with their children.
5. Have a set of resource materials adapatable for use with all age and focus groups, including experiential activities and workshop outlines. Material can also be adapted for individual parent counseling and support.
6. Earn 14 hours of CEUs for LPCs and Social Workers.
7. Become Certified Postive Discipline Parenting Educators!
Deborah Owen-Sohocki, LPC, Certified Positive Discipline Lead Trainer is a licensed professional counselor, classroom teacher, and author; she brings a wide experience to her work with children and families. She has spoken to international and national audiences on a wide range of topics including resiliency, leadership and communication, parenting issues, school discipline, stress management, emotional intelligence, and personality types. She is a co-author with Jane Nelsen of Positive Discipline: A Teacher’s A-Z Guide and has been a Certified Positive Discipline Lead Trainer since 1993. She has been working with children for 41 years and uses Positive Discipline with her students, clients, children, step-children, and grandchildren.
Email Lora Ferguson firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 512-694-9298.
Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
Special Events, Teleconferences and Merchandise: For all other items or events, the processing fee will be 10% of the purchase price or a minimum of $5. Otherwise, the same policy applies.