LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA
Title: Teaching Parenting The Positive Discipline Way
Facilitator: Sahara Pirie, CPDLT and
Stacy Lappin, M.Ed., CPDT
Date and Time:
January 30, 2014
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Friday and Saturday
January 31 - February 1, 2014
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
2100 24th Ave. S
Positive Discipline focuses on Discipline that Teaches.
1. It helps children feel they belong and are significant.
2. It teaches and models mutual respect and encouragement.
3. It is effective long term and considers what the child is thinking, feeling, deciding, and learning.
4. It teaches important social and life skills: respect, concern for others, problem solving, and cooperation, as well as the skills to contribute to the home, school, or larger community.
• Learn research-based, effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use
discipline that is kind and firm at the same time, neither punitive nor permissive.
• Learn how to facilitate a parenting class as a non-expert.
• Learn how to work with and teach parents who love their children but have few tools and resources to parent effectively for today’s world.
• Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways with their children.
• How to use materials in group settings (parenting classes) and in individual work with families.
• Have a set of resource materials for future reference.
Sponsored by: The Positive Discipline Association, www.positivediscipline.org, the Puget Sound Adlerian Society www.psasadler.org, and Sound Discipline www.SoundDiscipline.org.
Early Registration $375 available through
December 31, 2013.
Regular Registration: $425 after January 1, 2014.
Includes $93 of materials.
Before making airline reservations, please check with the Positive Discipline office at the phone number above or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Credit/CEUs: Available through Seattle Pacific University. Separate small fee is charged.
Questions: e-mail Stacy: email@example.com
A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop. For all other items or events, the processing fee will be 10% of the purchase price or a minimum of $5.