LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA
Title: Teaching Parenting The Positive Discipline Way
Facilitator: Tracy McConaghie, LCSW, CPDLT
Date and Time:
January 10, 2013
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
January 17, 2013
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
The Lovett School
4075 Paces Ferry Road, NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
A step-by-step approach to starting and leading experiential based parenting groups, participants will:
• Learn research-based, effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline
that is kind and firm at the same time, neither punitive nor permissive.
• Learn how to work with and teach parents who love their children but lack tools to parent effectively for today's world.
• Gain practice with experiential exercises that help adults go beyond intellectual understanding and respond in empowering ways with children.
• Receive a manual of parenting class activities and resources as well as the book Positive Discipline by Jane Nelsen.
• Earn the title "Certified Positive Discipline Parenting Educator."
Tracy is a Positive Discipline Lead Trainer and a child and family psychotherapist. She owns McConaghie Family Counseling in Alpharetta with her husband Andrew, where she offers counseling services, parenting classes and parent coaching. In addition she provides Positive Discipline training for teachers and school personnel.
Cost: $375 Early Registration paid by December 7, 2012. $425 after (includes materials).
Before making airline reservations, please check with the Positive Discipline office at the phone number above or via email at email@example.com.
Contact: Tracy McConaghie, 770-645-8933, firstname.lastname@example.org
Other information: Please wear comfortable clothing and be ready to have fun!
A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop. For all other items or events, the processing fee will be 10% of the purchase price or a minimum of $5.