LOCATION: MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Title: Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way
Deb Pysno, CPDT and Cheryl Forse, CPDT
State of Minnesota Licensed Parent Educators
Dates and Times:
Wednesday and Thursday
August 6 - 7, 2014
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Elim Lutheran Church
3978 W. Broadway
Are you a new or experienced parent educator looking for fresh tools, ideas, activities, and enthusiasm? Are you looking for ways to empower yourself and the parents you teach? Do you wonder how you can become a parent educator who can teach Positive Discipline classes? Do you wish you could immerse yourself in Positive Discipline as a parent? Do you hope to find some new tools to use with clients in family therapy or offer parenting classes to your clients? Do you train others who work with children or support those with disabilities? We can help! Come to this practical and inspiring two-day certification workshop, where you will acquire:
- Knowledge: Learn research-based, effective tools for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time, avoiding the pitfalls of both permissiveness and punishment.
- Practice: You will have many opportunities to lead experiential activities in a supportive setting. These activities reach beyond the intellect to the heart to inspire deeper understanding and change.
- Coaching Skills: Learn the benefits of facilitating parenting classes from the position of a coach rather than an "expert."
- Materials: Tuition includes a copy of Positive Discipline, a deck of Positive Discipline Tool Cards, and a notebook full of experiential activities to use in parent classes, trainings, or in a one-on-one approach with clients and families.
- Connection: An opportunity to be connected with others who are passionate about supporting parents in one of the most important roles of their lives.
- Recognition:After the two days, all participants receive a document identifying them as Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educators.
Cheryl Forse and Deb Pysno are parent educators licensed by the state of Minnesota with over 40 years of combined experience working with families. They are both Certified Positive Discipline Trainers.
Call Positive Discipline Association,
Sign up online (preferred) www.positivediscipline.org.
Early Registration - $375 through July 6, 2014
Regular Registration - $425.
For Information: Visit http://www.eteamnow.com/ If you have questions or need help with travel or lodging, please contact Deb at 612-616-0570 or Cheryl 763-843-5979 or e-mail them at email@example.com
Other Information: 14 hours of CEUs will be granted.
Please wear casual clothing -- this is a very interactive workshop.
Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
Special Events, Teleconferences and Merchandise: For all other items or events, the processing fee will be 10% of the purchase price or a minimum of $5. Otherwise, the same policy applies.