LOCATION: DAWSON CREEK, CANADA
Title: Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way
Facilitator: Gloria Cleve, CPDT
Friday and Saturday
September 26 - 27, 2014
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Child Care Resource and Referral Agency
CO-OP Mall, Unit 7, 10200- 8th Street
Dawson Creek, BC Canada
Facilitator Background: Gloria Cleve is an Early Childhood Educator, a Public Administrator, and is passionate about her role as Early Learning Project Manager in School District #59 Peace River South located in Northern British Columbia, Canada. She’s thrilled that all her values and beliefs around the importance of early childhood intervention and family support have become mainstream. Gloria is honoured to be serving her community by bringing Positive Discipline programs and information to the South Peace.
Workshop Description: The South Peace Building Learning Together (BLT) Society, The Leon and Thea Koerner Foundation, and School District 59 are partnering to build capacity within Dawson Creek by expanding this step-by-step approach to starting and leading experiential based parenting groups. This training, with the resources, will be free for those attending.
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way (developed by Lynn Lott and Jane Nelsen) is a research-based parent education program that provides a step-by-step approach to starting and leading experientially based parenting groups. This program stands alone or offers significant enhancement to any program. It provides experiential activities that reach the heart to inspire deeper understanding and change. Positive Discipline focuses on building a child’s sense of his or her own capability, power to choose, and sense of self-worth. Parents love the Parents Helping Parents Problem-Solving Steps because this process provides a fun and effective way for them to get specific help with real problems.
This FREE training is for:
• New parent educators who want to develop tools, skills, and confidence.
• Experienced parent educators who want new ideas, innovative activities, and contagious enthusiasm.
• Family therapists, social workers, psychologists, coaches who want strategies for their clients or a format for parenting classes to build their practice.
• School personnel, nurses, and social workers looking for an excellent parent-education program that enhances learning through experiential activities.
• Parents who want an in-depth experience for working with their children.
Cost: Free registration (includes materials and lunch).
To Register: Email to Gloria_Cleve@sd59.bc.ca or
Other Information: Please wear casual clothing -- this is a very interactive workshop.