Title: Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way
Facilitator: Teresa LaSala, CPDLT and Carol Dores, PDTC
Friday and Saturday
April 10-11, 2015
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Teresa LaSala, CPDLT
Teresa LaSala, a Certified Positive Discipline Author, Facilitator and Lead Trainer, provides high level training, consultation and ongoing supportive services in public, private, charter and parochial schools throughout the United States and internationally in countries such as Iceland, France, and the UK. She has facilitated certification trainings and workshops drawing school leaders and participants from around the world i.e.; Egypt, China, Canada, Mexico, Columbia, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, and Brazil, to name a few. See full background here.
Carol Dores, CPDT
Carol is a Certified Positive Discipline Parent and Classroom Educator, and a Positive Discipline Trainer Candidate. She has worked with hundreds of parents of all aged children (prenatal to adult), as well as educators and staff of preschoolers through high school. She co-founded Positive Discipline of Western CT, and is on the international Board of Directors of the Positive Discipline Association. Carol has written over 65 blogs for Positive Discipline of Western CT, and has an article published on Praise versus Encouragement in Compass, a Positive Discipline digital magazine. She has two adult sons and a husband of over 30 years. Their relationships continue to grow and benefit from Positive Discipline. See full background here.
Workshop Description: This interactive training workshop is designed for parents, teachers, parent educators, caregivers, counselors, therapists, nurses and others who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors. Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants will be certified as Positive Discipline Parent Educators.
Positive Discipline focuses on discipline that teaches:
- Children will feel a sense of connection, belonging and significance.
- It is kind and firm at the same time and effective long- term.
- It teaches important social and life skills and teaches children to use their power constructively and discover that they are capable.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Learn research based effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive).
- Learn how to facilitate a parent class from the position of a non-expert.
- Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children.
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families.
Cost: $375 Early Registration received and paid by 3/10/15, Regular Registration $425, Registration materials. Meals and lodging not included.
DOWNLOAD FLYER HERE
Contact the Positive Discipline Association:
Preferred - www.positivediscipline.org or
Call toll free: 1-866-POS-DISC (1-866-767-3472)
Contact: Carol Dores, email@example.com, 203-794-2099
Other Information: If you are flying, please to not make flight arrangements until the minimum number have enrolled. The Facilitator or our office staff will let you know as soon as that happens. Specific class details will be sent to participants prior to the workshop.
Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.