LOCATION: OAKLAND, CA
Title: Teaching Parenting The Positive Discipline Way
Co-Facilitators: Catherine Bronnert DeSchepper, MS, CPDT and Lisa Fuller, MSW, CPDT
Date and Time:
Thursday, September 24, 2015
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Friday and Saturday
September 25 - 26, 2015
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
College Avenue Presbyterian Church
5951 College Avenue
Oakland, CA 94618
This location is walking distance from the Rockbridge Bart Station.
This interactive training workshop is designed for parents, teachers, parent educators, caregivers, counselors, therapists, nurses and others who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors. Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants will be certified as Positive Discipline Parent Educators.
Positive Discipline focuses on discipline that teaches:
- Children feel a sense of connection, belonging and significance
- It is kind and firm at the same time and effective long- term
- It teaches important social and life skills and teaches children to use their power constructively and discover that they are capable.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Learn research based effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive)
- Learn how to facilitate a parent class from the position of a non-expert.
- Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children.
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families.
Catherine Bronnert DeSchepper, M.S., Certified Positive Discipline Trainer, is an executive coach, facilitator, and consultant focusing on leadership and the creation of positive school climates. She has over 20 years of leadership and teaching experience at the early childhood through graduate school levels. Catherine is passionate about helping parents and educators create environments where children can become compassionate, responsible, self-motivated citizens.
Lisa Fuller, M.S.W., Certified Positive Discipline Trainer, Certified Professional Coach, has been facilitating parenting classes in the East Bay for many years. She is a compassionate listener who is committed to empowering parents through Positive Discipline’s common sense principles. Having three children ages 19, 15 and 8, Lisa is steeped in the challenges and joys of parenting. Lisa also offers one on one coaching for parenting and life! She is also a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator-Candidate.
Cost: $375 early registration (received and paid by 8/24/15), $425 regular registration. Registration materials included.
Wear comfortable clothing - this is a very interactive workshop. If you are flying, please to not make flight arrangements until the minimum number (12) have enrolled. The Facilitator or our office staff will let you know as soon as that happens, by email. Specific class details will be sent to participants prior to the workshop.
Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.