Title: Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way
Facilitator: Linda Krenicky, CPDT
Friday - Sunday
Aug 22 - 24, 2014
Saturday - Sunday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Discovery Charter School
4021 Teale Avenue
San Jose, CA 95117
Linda is a Certified Positive Discipline Trainer and a member of the PDA since 2008. She has a teen-aged son who accuses her of "doing Positive Discipline experiments" on him. She is sure he feels that way because there are many Positive Discipline tools that are respectful and kind without being punitive or permissive -- and she has tried almost all of them! She has facilitated adult learning for more than 25 years in the corporate and non-profit worlds. She says, “I love sharing what I've learned with others.”
This interactive workshop is designed for parents, caregivers, teachers, therapists, parent educators, nurses, counselors, youth workers and others who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors.
Positive Discipline focuses on discipline that teaches.
1. It helps children feel they belong and are significant.
2. It teaches and models mutual respect and encouragement.
3. It is effective long term and considers what the child is thinking, feeling, deciding, and learning.
4. It teaches important social and life skills: respect, concern for others, problem solving, and cooperation, as well as the skills to contribute to the home, school, or larger community.
Workshop participants will:
• Gain knowledge of research-based, effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time, neither punitive nor permissive.
• Practice facilitating a parenting class as a non-expert.
• Understand how to work with and teach parents who love their children but have few tools and resources to parent effectively for today’s world.
• Practice experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways with their children.
• Use materials in group settings (parenting classes) and in individual work with families.
• Receive a set of resource materials for future reference.
Cost: $375 Early Registration received and paid by 7/22/14, Regular Registration $425, Registration includes the book Positive Discipline by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D, Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way Facilitator Manual and additional handouts.
- Register online (preferred) www.positivediscipline.org
- Call 1-866-POS-DISC (1-866-767-3472)
- Mail check to:
Positive Discipline Association,
P.O. Box 290155
Kerrville, TX 78029
Linda Krenicky, CPDTfirstname.lastname@example.org- or 408-931-6393.
CEU’s/Contact Hours: - Course meets qualifications for 14 hrs. Continuing Education credit for MFT’s and LCSW’s as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, Provider #PCE 3902.
Other Information: If you are flying, please to not make flight arrangements until the minimum number have enrolled. The Facilitator or our office staff will let you know as soon as that happens. Please wear casual clothing -- this is a very interactive workshop.
Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
Special Events, Teleconferences and Merchandise: For all other items or events, the processing fee will be 10% of the purchase price or a minimum of $5. Otherwise, the same policy applies.