Title: Positive Discipline in the Classroom
Facilitator: Dr. Jane Nelsen, Founder of Positive Discipline, and Dr. Kelly Gfroerer, PDTC
Wednesday - Thursday
August 12 - 13, 2015
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Holy Innocents' Episcopal School
805 Mt. Vernon Hwy, NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
Jane Nelsen, Ed.D. is the author of the original Positive Discipline book and co-author of many others. She is the co-creator (with Lynn Lott) of this workshop. She was an elementary school counselor and a community college instructor in Child Development for 10 years. Jane is married to Barry Nelsen, and is the mother of seven children, 22 grandchildren, and 5 great-grandchildren.
Kelly Gfroerer, PhD. currently serves on the Positive Discipline Association's Board of Directors. She is a School Counselor in Atlanta, GA. She also is an Adjunct Professor at Georgia State University in the Department of Counseling and Psychological Services.
This interactive training workshop is designed for teachers, administrators, school staff, paraprofessionals, counselors, therapists and others who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors in classroom and school settings.
Positive Discipline focuses on discipline that teaches
Participants in this workshop will:
- Children will feel a sense of connection, belonging and significance.
- It is kind and firm at the same time and effective long- term.
- It teaches important social and life skills
- Children to use their power constructively and discover that they are capable.
- Learn practical tools for engaging and challenging students
- Bring more value, challenge and connection into your classroom and school
- Run effective class meetings that teach students how to collaborate and problem solve
- Learn how to use materials and activities in your classroom, with co-workers and in individual work with families
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community
- Understand the belief behind the students' misbehavior and how to use encouragement to motivate positive change.
Cost: $375 Early Registration received and paid by 7/12/15.Regular Registration $425, Registration includes a complete curriculum, Positive Discipline in the Classroom book, PDC Leaders Guide: Resources and Activities, PDC Teachers Guide: Activities for Students and related handouts. Groups of 4 or more from the same school receive $50 discount off each registration. Call for discount code.
Credits: This course is PLU approved and CE credit is available for school counselors upon request.
Contact the Positive Discipline Association:
Preferred - www.positivediscipline.org or
Call toll free: 1-866-POS-DISC (1-866-767-3472)
Contact: Kelly Gfroerer at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is co-sponsored by the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP). NASAP is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists.
Accommodations: The Wyndam Hotel on Powers Ferry Rd. near Holy Innocents’ School offers a special rate of $99 for workshop participants. Please ask for the Holy Innocents’ rate when making your reservation by calling 770-955-1700. See details HERE.
Other Information: If you are flying, please to not make flight arrangements until the minimum number have enrolled. The Facilitator or our office staff will let you know as soon as that happens. Specific class details will be sent to participants prior to the workshop.
Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.