LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA
Title: Positive Discipline in the Classroom
Facilitator(s): Stacy Lappin, CPDT, M.Ed.
Dates and Times:
January 12 - February 9, 2017
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Thurgood Marshall Elementary School
2401 S Irving St
Seattle, WA 98144, USA
With a Masters in Special Education and as a former classroom teacher and mother to three, Stacy shares Positive Discipline tools with other teachers and diverse audiences of parents including families experiencing homelessness, families in transitional housing and foster families. In addition to her work with adults, Stacy has successfully developed a Sunday school preschool program in her local faith community and is a much-loved Girl Scout leader.
This five-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
- Gain information on how to address the effects of childhood trauma and insecure attachment.
Cost: $375 early registration, available until December 12, 2017. $425 regular registration. $275 for Local School Districts. Limit 30.
To Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/positive-discipline-in-the-classroom-seattle-registration-29393225930
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Dominique Brooks, firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.