Facilitator(s): Steven Foster, CPDLT
Association Adele Picot
39 Rue Notre Dame des Champs
Paris, France, 75006
Steven Foster is a Certified Positive Discipline Lead Trainer and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. A PD practitioner since 2001, he worked in special education for over twenty years. He is co-author of Positive Discipline for Children with Special Needs.
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting. Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness, and understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
After taking this workshop, participants will also be able to share Positive Discipline ideas with colleagues and to offer short workshops at their centers or in their communities. In order to train other early childhood educators to become certified, participants will need to follow an Advanced Training Track. For more information, see https://positivediscipline.org/certification-overview.
Materials Provided: Participants will receive a copy of the “Positive Discipline for Early Childhood Educators” manual
Cost: $425 Early Registration until September 21, 2018. $475 Regular Registration.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.