Facilitators: Jane Nelsen and Dina Emser
Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside
4875 N. Harbor Drive
San Diego, California, US
Discounted Hotel Rates Available. Click Here to Book Your Room. The link goes to the standard reservations page with your group code preloaded. Become a Positive Discipline Workplace Facilitator:
Positive Discipline in the Workplace (created by Jane Nelsen and Dina Emser, and based on the Positive Discipline program, Jane Nelsen and Lynn Lott) provides a step-by-step approach to sharing experiential activities to connect PD principles with business audiences who want to create a culture of mutual respect in the workplace. This program stands alone or offers significant enhancement to other leadership programs; it emphasizes experiential activities to inspire deeper understanding and change. Participants love the Team Problem Solving Steps because this process provides a fun and effective way for them to get specific help with real opportunities and challenges at work.
Learning Objectives: In this workshop you will learn to:
- Deepen understanding of how Adler’s principles present a timely, holistic model for businesses.
- Experience facilitating the core Positive Discipline activities for a workplace audience.
- Deepen understanding of Top Card with a focus on strengths, and learn how to use other Positive Discipline tools in workplace situations.
- Delve into childhood memories to discover how you formed some of your beliefs.
- Participate in experiential activities for better understanding of how to be encouraging to yourself and others.
- Learn how the Team Problem Solving Steps (that are so effective in families, classrooms, and marriages), are also fun and effective in businesses.
- Learn ways to use empowering methods of communication to promote a respectful, highly effective workplace environment.
3 days, (19.5 hours)
$575 Early Registration until November 5, 2018. $625 Regular Registration. Group Discount for 4 or more, $50 each when registering together. Limit 40.
- Positive Discipline in the Workplace book (future)
- Facilitator Manual
- Peer Coaching Circle Quick Reference Guide
- PDW Tool Cards (future)
- Reflection Journal
To Become a Certified PD in the Workplace Consultant
A person with this level of certification can use the processes and tools in his/her own workplace. Certification is given at the end of the PDW 3-day workshop. One year’s free membership in the Positive Discipline Association at the Educator level is included with certification at this level.
To Become a Certified PD in the Workplace Facilitator
A person with this level of training can offer the 3-day PDW certification workshop to others who wish to learn to use the principles in businesses. H/She must be a Certified Positive Discipline Trainer. A minimum of 12 hours of training in business settings using the core activities is required with documentation of dates, places, agendas and evaluations used. A survey of questions that reflect your experience using the materials in the workplace must be completed and approved before certification is awarded.
The trainer also has the option to invite Jane or Dina to co-facilitate the 3-day workshop, recruit participants, and make all of the logistical arrangements to hold the workshop.
There are no further requirements to maintain certification as a PDW Consultant/Facilitator other than to maintain certification as a PD Consultant (Educator)/Trainer. (Ongoing membership in the PDA, and Think Tank attendance.)
If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Dina Emser, email@example.com
, in advance.
Rooms are available at the Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside, 4875 N. Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA, 92106. 619-224-3621.
This hotel is conveniently located to the airport, waterfront restaurants, as well as other major attractions in the San Diego area.