Join us IN PERSON for the 2022 Positive Discipline Conference which features presentations for educators, clinicians, and parents. Spend the day developing Positive Discipline tools for home and school, or to support others through your coaching, consulting, or counseling practice.
CE Credit available.
The Westin Alexandria Old Town
400 Courthouse Square
Alexandria, VA 22314
The hotel is offering a SPECIAL CONFERENCE RATE of 149 USD per night. This rate is only available until Sunday, May 1st, 2022 and is based on availability. We recommend you reserve early. Click here to make your reservation.
For the first time, the Positive Discipline Association is partnering with the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP) to host both annual conferences IN PERSON in the same venue May 26 through May 28!
Positive Discipline and NASAP Annual Conferences:
- Positive Discipline Conference - Thursday, May 26, 2022 (Click on the register button to the left)
- NASAP Conference, May 27-28 (Registration through NASAP)
*Prior to the event, you will receive a welcome packet with ground transportation and tips for Alexandria, VA and Washington, DC area travel.
10:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- Creating an Environment of Resiliency for Discouraged Adolescents - Casey O'Roarty, M.Ed. - Edison G
- The Self-Soothing Child - Noha Alshugairi, LMFT - Edison E
- Class Meetings and Colleague Collaboration: Using Positive Discipline to Grow, Develop and Improve Inner-School Partnerships - Julianne Reilly, LCSW & Shannon Thomas, MAT - Edison D
- Using Positive Discipline with Autistic Children - Sahar Daoud, MD - Edison F
11:45 AM - 1:00 PM - Lunch
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Parenting Children Before They Become Adolescents - Alicia Wang - Edison G
- Five Powerful Classroom Management Ideas - Fernanda Lee, M.Ed. - Edison F
- Positive Discipline Tools for Kids - Lois Ingber, LCSW, Aisha Pope, LCSW, & Jane Nelsen, Ed.D. - Edison D
- Utilizing Positive Discipline Tools and Adlerian Principles Without Losing Your Cool to Achieve Win-Win Results - Deborah Owen-Sohocki, LPC - Edison E
3:00 PM - 3:15 PM - Afternoon Break
3:15 PM - 5:15 PM
- Positive Discipline Strategies for Effectively Dealing with Sibling Conflict - Becky Divinski - Edison E
- Positive Discipline in Action: School Implementation in Kenya - Robert Omwa - Edison F
- Fostering Connection Using Positive Childhood Experiences - LaTysa Flowers - Edison G
5:15PM - 5:30 PM - Check-out | Positive Discipline Bookstore Open
Remember to turn in your CE form with signatures for
all sessions you would like credit. NBCC and AMS credit available.
This program is co-sponsored by the
North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP).
PDA CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES
- Early Registration through April 30 - 129 USD
- Regular Registration May 1 through May 25 - 149 USD
- Onsite Registration - 159 USD
PDA MEMBER DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE. YOU MUST LOGIN AS A MEMBER TO ACCESS.
- Member Early Registration through April 30 - 99 USD
- Member Regular Registration May 1 through May 25 - 129 USD
- Member Onsite Registration - 149 USD
Available for groups of 5 or more from the same agency, school, or work setting. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
* In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.
THE 70th ANNUAL NASAP CONFERENCE
The theme for this year's conference is "What the World Needs Now...".
Full day conference sessions Friday, May 27 and Saturday, May 28.
Click Here for NASAP Conference registration
UP TO 7 HOURS OF CE CREDIT AVAILABLE
The Positive Discipline Association is an approved National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723.
This Conference is AMS CE approved!
CANCELLATION POLICY: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to conference date. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before the conference date. However, paid registrants can transfer to future PDA training event including workshops within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the event.
- If you need special accommodations, please contact email@example.com .
- Participants will be notified by email if for any reason the event is cancelled.
NEED AN INVITATION LEETER FOR TRAVEL?
Please complete this Online Form.To monitor Alexandria, VA meeting COVID19 guidelines, click here.